Friday, April 30, 2010

Out of 6.8 billion people in the world

(statistics source: World Clock)

though I'm not the only one, but still,
among the so few,
WHY ME, O God?

(Deu. 9:5) "Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart"
(1Cor. 1:27-28) "And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are"

1) My exceedingly great and rare privilege!
2) What a pity if I don't make it! Being so near yet so far!
3) Thus my exceeding greatness of sin in disobeying this Covenant, and despite that, God's exceeding greatness of compassion and love to continually stretch out His arm to me!

 
- O, strive, then, to be one of them that shall be saved, though it cost thee thy blood and the loss of all that thou hast; labor to go beyond all those that go so far yet perish at the last. (Thomas Shepard's Sincere Convert)

Luk 13:24 "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able."

No comments:

Post a Comment