Friday, April 30, 2010

"That every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God" (Rom. 3:19b)


Some days back, my friend broke a promise he made with me. And instead of apologizing he started to make up excuses e.g. he had the full intention to keep the promise although he failed, no one is perfect etc.. Of which this incident awakened me to realize a point which the preacher always tried to press home: I am inexcusable for all my sins.

Although (1) man is naturally born depraved, (2) no one is perfect, and we all have weaknesses, (3) we do not fully know the law of God - none is justified. (1) Ecc. 7:29, Rom. 5:12; (2) 1Cor. 10:13, Job 36:21; (3) Lev. 4:13-14, Luke 12:47-48. But that the full measure of justice and God's wrath is to be meted accordingly even for the smallest sin, for there can never ever be the slightest injustice with the holy God, be it in this world, or in the eternity to come. No sin will go unpunished. Either Christ have to bear it for me, or I will have to personally.

(Hos 7:2) And they consider not in their hearts that I remember all their wickedness: now their own doings have beset them about; they are before my face.


O God where shall I stand in Thy sight?
Thou mightest be justified when Thou speakest,
and be clear when Thou judgest
(Psalm 51:4b)

No comments:

Post a Comment